Responsible for the design, development and implementation of applications following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Manages planning, organizing and implementing multiple and complex application development projects related to Investment trading and accounting systems.
- Develops high-level work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans and budget.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Monitors project results for significant deviations; invokes contingency plans when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Manages client relations to ensure that application delivery expectations are developed, managed, and met.
- Partners closely with client to ensure that technology agenda is tied to LOB plans.
- Directs, motivates, and develops project staff. Identifies and addresses training and development needs of project managers and project teams.
- Develops vendor statements of work, deliverables and Service Level Agreements.
- Responsible for monthly financial management and administrative activities.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Full people management responsibility, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, & training & development.
- Ensure vendor performance and deliverables meet contract specifications.
- 10 years of experience in Information Technology in Application Development
- 5 years of demonstrated Project Management skills
- Five or more years of Financial Services experience
- Solid experience with Microsoft.Net and C#
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (at least 5 yrs)
- Must have experience working with a formal SDLC
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- Experience with Investment Trading/Accounting application (CRTS, BlackRock/Aladdin, CAMRA, PAM)
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- XML, ADO.Net and Web Services
- PMP, ITIL certification desired
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.